Childbirth Essentials Class
Kristy Bedell and Mitra Davis Certified Nurse Midwives with Obstetrics and Gynecology of Atlanta, teach this one-day class. It is intended to prepare the expecting couple for the birth of their baby. We feel that learning childbirth practices and policies from practitioners who deliver babies with this practice is the best way to get the most relevant, accurate and applicable information. Knowledge is power, and a better understanding of the birth process will allow a couple to enter childbirth more relaxed, confident and empowered.
This class is for everyone. Topics include:
· What to expect towards the end of your pregnancy.
· How to distinguish between real and false labor and when to call.
· What to do if you think you’re in preterm labor.
· Where to go when you are in labor.
· What happens when you get to the hospital: Labor-delivery-recovery-post partum.
· Pain control options in labor: epidural, natural childbirth or a wait-and-see approach.
· Basic newborn information. Breastfeeding information.
· What to bring to the hospital.
Any couple who is 24 weeks pregnant or more should attend this class. Food (breakfast & lunch) will be provided.
Our primary objective is a safe birth, but we also want to provide a satisfying birth experience, which we understand is different for everyone.
Our classes are held two Saturdays a month from 9am until 2pm at either our Northside office. Please check with our office for your preferred class location.
Upcoming class schedule for 2018:
December 1, Mitra
December 15, Kristy
Tuition Fee per couple is $100.00 and is paid on the day of the class to the midwife that is teaching. Cash only please. An educational booklet is provided to each couple on the day of the class and is included in the cost of the class.
You may schedule to attend a class by calling any one of our 4 offices or simply register at the check-out desk as you make your next appointment.
Mothers First has made available on the Northside Hospital website a free online breastfeeding course. You can register for a tour of Northside Hospital or sign up for a variety of classes such as baby CPR through the weblink below.