Billing & Insurance
Are we on your insurance plan?
We participate with many different insurance plans and will file for reimbursement. It is your responsibility to know the details of your health insurance plan with regard to referrals, co-payments and percentage of coverage.
We require your co-payment, deductible if not met, and co-insurance at the time of your visit. In addition to cash and checks, we also accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Care Credit, and American Express.
Obstetrics and Gynecology of Atlanta is a division of Atlanta Women’s Health Group (AWHG) and you will receive your statement from the AWHG Central Billing Office. If you have insurance payment questions or need assistance with your account balance please call 678.933.0739 in our Central Billing Office.
For OBSTETRIC related billing questions please call 678.686.8617, GYNECOLOGIC related billing questions please call 770.357.0112 or 678.775.2330.
If you have questions about your bill please call the number provided on your statement.
Billing for Laboratory procedures: All laboratory procedures are billed separately from your office visit. You could receive a laboratory bill from any of the following:
- Phytest: 404-943-0205
- LabCorp: 1-800-845-6167
- Quest: 1-800-326-4756
- Ariosa 1-855-927-4672
If you have Genetic testing done, you could also receive a bill from one of the other entities listed above. If you receive a bill from one of the labs listed above, please call the listed number for questions. If you still have a question and need additional help, please do not hesitate to call our office.
We participate with the following insurance plans:
- Aetna PPO/HMO/POS/Aexcel & Aexcel Plus (we are considered "designated" thru the Aexcel Product)
Aetna Emory University - Tier 2
- Alliant Health Plan (AHP) HMO - Solocare & Simplecare Exchange
- Blue Cross: BCBS PPO/HMO/ POS/ PAR/Anthem/Blue Direct/Blue Open Access/BCBS GA Alternative Network/Pathway X/Pathway X Guided Access/ Pathway/Pathway Guided Access/Pathway Enhanced
- Christian Health Plan - We can see these patients, BUT they will be self pay at checkout. Patients know to pay at time of service; patients file their own claims.
- Cigna PPO/HMO/POS/EPO/OPEN ACCESS PLUS
Cigna Wellstar - Tier 2
Cigna Piedmont OAP - Tier 2
- Coventry HMO, POS/National Network
- First Health Network
- Harken Health - Individual Plans Compass Choice Plus
- HealthOne Alliance (HOA) PPO
- Humana PPO (Choice Care Network)/HMO/POS/Preferred Open Access
Humana POS - Northside Hospital Employees - Tier 2
- Kaiser thru PHCS ONLY Multi Choice Plan PPO (MUST have PHCS on card)
- Liberty Healthshare
- LifeWell Health Plans
- MDI Healthcare Solutions
- Medi-Share - PHCS (Preventive Care NOT Covered treat as Self Pay for routine services only)
- Mercer University - P1 Network Patient First Network
- Multi Plan & Multi Plan Discount Program is Value Point with Optum Health Allies, United Health Allies, and Health Allies
- P1Network or Patient First
- PHCS PPO
- Piedmont Healthcare (My Health 360 Plan)-Uses Cigna Network - Tier 2
- Quick Trip
- Tricare Standard No Authorization and Tricare Prime MUST have Auth for Problem
- United Healthcare PPO/HMO/POS/All Savers/Core/Navigate/Charter Networks/UMR
- Wellstar Plan we ONLY take: Cigna Wellstar we are considered Tier 2
We do not participate with the following insurance programs:
- Aetna Medicare - Aetna Emory Healthcare
- Ambetter Exchange Plan
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO-Blue Value Secure
- Cigna Local Plus -Cigna Medicare Surround - Cigna Exchange
- CareSource - CMO Plan thru Medicaid
- Coventry Medicare
- Galaxy Health Plan
- Humana Medicare Plans are Gold Choice, Choice PPO, and Gold Plus
- Humana Wellstar
- Integrated Health Plan
- Kaiser HMO
- Medical Mutual Insurance
- PeachState - CMO Plan thru Medicaid
- Piedmont Wellstar (PHCS/Multiplan logo is on the card this is only for patients being treated out of state)
- Tricare for Life -Medicare Product
- United Healthcare Medicare Solutions and UHC Community Plan
Decoding Your Coverage:
- Deductibles are paid out of pocket each year before insurance kicks in. Each family member usually has a separate deductible.
- Co Payments are flat fees charged each time you visit the doctor or use any medical service, regardless of the cost of the procedure
- Coinsurance requires you to pay a percentage of the total cost of the care. Many plans require either co insurance or co pay but some charge both.
- Maximum out of pocket expense is the most you’ll have to spend before all of your medical bills are covered.